Stuffed cabbage rolls with carrot
1 cabbage, medium, cored.
1 kg (2,2 lb) carrot, grated.
1/2 cup oil.
1 parsnips, grated
chopped dill, parsley, Celery and garlic gloves to taste.
1 tsp root horseradish, or to taste.
pepper, dill seeds, apple vinegar honey to taste.
flour to coat.
sour cream to serve.
1. Cut around the stem of the cabbage, leave whole, and parboil for 5 minutes. Let it steep for another 5 minutes. Remove from water and drain. Separate cabbage leaves carefully for the rolls.
2. Put grated carrot in to hot oil and heat several minutes, BUT not fry. Add chopped dill, parsley, Celery. Flavour with greenery and crushed garlic gloves. Mix.
3. Place 1 tbsp of the mixture on each cabbage leaf and fold up envelope fashion. Lay flap down into big pot.
4. Make brine: Bring to boil 1 litre / 2 pint of water. Chill.
5. Add into chilled water root horseradish, pepper, dill seeds, apple vinegar, honey. Stir. Pour the brine over rolls. Place stuffed cabbage rolls with carrot in a cool spot for 2 days. After 2 days the rolls will be ready to serve. A spicy condiment give piquant flavor.