Stuffed cabbage rolls with white beans.
300 g (12 oz) white beans, washed, soaked overnight and cooked
400 g (16 oz) cabbage, cored
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 fresh paprika, chopped
1 carrot, grated
200 (8 oz) onion, chopped
Salt, sugar, ground pepper: red and black, dill, greenery - to taste
100 g (4 oz) oil
3 - 4 cup water
2 - 3 tbsp flour
1. Put cabbage in hot water and boil for a few minutes.
2. Separate cabbage leaves and make your rolls with filling mixture inside cabbage. Place the filling on each leaf and fold up envelope fashion. Lay flap down, pour water to cover all rolls in the pot. Simmer, covered, for 1 to 1,5 hours.
3. For filling: Grate carrot, chop onion, fresh tomatoes and paprika. Fry onion in oil until golden, add carrot, and parsley roots, then add fresh tomatoes and paprika (or tomato paste) and stew for 7 - 10 minutes. Combine fried (1/2 part) vegetables with cooked white beans.
4. Five to ten minutes before the Rolls is cooked, put over cabbage rolls fried vegetables (remained) and add into pot: chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, green onions, bay leaf, pepper to taste.
5. Fry flour in oil until golden (or just add flour to dollop of water and stir thoroughly) than add to pot with the Rolls, stirring constantly.