Cranberry Kvass - Cold beverage.
Russians drink kvass is a cold beverage. Ancient recipe.
✔ 10 litres (20 pint) - water
✔ 2 kg (4 lb) - cranberry, washed and crushed
✔ 1 kg (2 lb) - sugar
✔ 40 grams (1,5 - 2 oz) yeast
✔ 50 g (2 oz) raisins
✔ vanilla to taste
1. Put crushed cranberry in big saucepan, pour boiled warm water.
2. Bring to boil. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Cool to lukewarm. Strain and discard cranberry.
3. Add intothe liquid the sugar and yeast, dissolved in a small amount of warm boiled water, mix, cover and leave it overnight in warm place.
4. Add vanilla. Strain it again. Pour kvass into bottles, add several raisins into each bottle. Cover and keep in the refrigerator. After 3 days the kvass will be ready to drink.
5. Kvass should be served with ice.
(10-15 grams =1/2 oz; 100 g = 4 oz)
Сooking and recipes