Cherry Kvass, Cold beverage.
Russians drink kvass is a cold beverage.
Ingredients to make Kvass:
✔ 1,5 litre (3 pint) - water
✔ 0,5 kg (1 lb) - cherry, washed
✔ 2 tbsp - sugar
✔ 5 - 10 grams (1/2 oz) yeast
✔ 1 tbsp raisins
1. Put cherry in big saucepan, pour boiled hot water and cook on low heat until liquid became dark red color and thick.
2. Strain and discard cherry.
3. Add into the liquid the sugar and yeast, dissolved in a small amount of warm boiled water, mix, cover and let it rise until double in bulk.
4. Strain it again. Pour kvass into bottles, add 3 - 4 raisins into each bottle, cork tightly and put them in the fridge.
5. Kvass should be served with ice.
(10-15 grams =1/2 oz; 100 g = 4 oz)