Paprika stuffed with mushrooms.
10 bell paprika green, red or yellow, deseeded.
500 g (1,1 lb) mushrooms, boiled, chopped.
1 cup rice, boiled
1 carrot, washed, peeled, grated
2 tbsp butter.
1 - 2 onion, finely chopped.
salt, ground cayenne pepper, ground black pepper to taste.
green Celery, dill, parsley, green onions, bay leaf
1. Cut tops off paprika and clean out seeds , save tops of paprika, trim a little off bottom, so they sit up rite.
2. Simmer boiled mushrooms with butter. Add onion, carrot and stew. Flavour with salt and ground pepper. Chill, add rice. Stuff in each bell paprika till filled evenly.
3. Place paprika tops on top of paprika in pot.
4. Pour chopped tomatoes and mayonnaise over them, add dollop of water and simmer for 1 - 1,5 hours.
7. Season with salt, chopped green Celery, dill, parsley, green onions, bay leaf, pepper to taste.
3. Decorate the stuffed paprika with Melissa leaves and serve.